Sinks and Taps are often the focal part of the modern kitchen and, with the stylish & practical options available, no longer just somewhere to wash the dishes. Whether you would like a modern stainless steel sink, a traditional ceramic sink or a Belfast sink, Appliance World have the sink for you.
- Inset - Inset sinks are the most conventional concept of sinks and are fixed into place with the rim of the sink overlapping the worktop. These come in the widest array of styles & materials and are available in 1-3 bowl sinks and you can also choose your own drainer option.
- Under Mount – These sinks are designed to be fitted to water-proof surfaces such as solid wood or granite work but aren’t suitable for Formica standard work surfaces. They’re fitted underneath the work surface so that they sit flush with it and result in a smooth finish.
- Belfast - Often made from ceramic, these recessed ‘butler’ sinks ooze traditional style and are hard wearing too. Now available with strainer-style wastes and other accessories which are fully mountable.
- Stainless Steel- You’ll find that the majority of sinks are made from stainless steel and you’ve got the choice of a variety of finishes – silk, polished, brushed and linen. The ability to resist scratches depends on the finish, but they are all heat resistant and a handy tip is to press down on the sink before buying. If it flexes – don’t bother! – If it can be flexed, the metal is too thin and may be liable to damage in the future.
- Granite - Granite sinks are scratch, stain and chemical resistant, as well as being heat resistant up to 280C! Hygienic and easy to clean, different manufacturers have their own names for them, so watch out for Fragranite (Franke) and Roc (Astracast).
- Ceramic - Ceramic sinks are commonly available as Belfast sinks – which sit recessed into the work surface and have a sluice style overflow. However, they are also available in Inset and Under Mount forms as well.